Monday, April 30, 2007

STELLA!!!


As a city dweller, I have had to accept many harsh realities of this lifestyle: fun usually equals expensive, anything goes with weekend subway schedules, and they can really screw you at those “mix-your-own salad” places. But one of the more disturbing reality pills to swallow is that I cannot avoid walking around in a constant cloud of microscopic airborne city grime. Perhaps I am more aware of this than most people, but I know that we all feel the effects: dullness, tired eyes, and, oh yes, generally angry skin. Unfortunately for us, designer medical face masks failed to take off after SARS, so we must look for alternative ways to protect and revive our faces.

One remarkable product in this area is the 5 Benefits Moisturizing Cream from the eco-friendly line, CARE by Stella McCartney. With an all-star organic ingredient list that includes white mallow extract (to increase moisture levels) and the vitamin E-rich team of green tea and soybean oil, this luxury moisturizer elevates your skin to unknown levels of bliss. After applying a dollop of this light lotion over my tired, unwashed face, I felt like I had just deep-cleansed without touching a drop of water. The subtle floral-aloe scent instantly lifted tension out my face and cooling mint woke up my tired eyes. This and the rest of the CARE line have 50-100% organic formulas and are Ecocert-certified


Reality Nugget #4,756: luxury organic skin care does not come cheap. This moisturizer is sold for a steep $76—quite pricey. However, girls and guys, it doesn’t cost a thing to try. The next time you’re passing a Sephora in your treks, take a mini-break and try this 5 Benefits Cream on your poor, bombarded face. Welcome back, refreshment!

available at Sephora.com

No comments: